I loooove butternut squash (who else is like me?) and I was also curious to taste polenta (I had never eaten polenta in my life before).
The texture is similar to a squash purée but heavier due to the polenta. Thanks to the polenta, the gratin will satisfy your appetite! The touch of coconut milk matches perfectly with the squash.
You should definitely try this recipe because it’s easy to cook, cheap, and yummy 😉
1 butternut squash
125 g of polenta
75 cl of water
20 cl of coconut milk
Step by step
- Wash the squash, and cut it into pieces (trick: not need to peel it, after cooking the peel will come off easily)
- Boil it for 20 min. If has to be tender, you can check with a knife.
- Drain the squash.
- Blend the squash until smooth.
- Boil 75 cl of water. Then add the polenta and stir over low heat until it thickens.
- Mix the purée, the polenta, and the coconut milk together.
- Add a tablespoon of cumin and a tablespoon of nutmeg.
- Add the mixture in a baking pan, sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Put it in the oven to grill for about 5 min.
Une réflexion au sujet de « butternut-polenta gratin »
Great recipe !