The zucchini-pineapple bread was totally unknown for me before strolling at the Farmers’ Market of Ames (a colorful and friendly market as you can notice on the pictures). I was really curious to bake that cake by myself and discover the taste. The cake has a low-sugar content as the pineapple brings natural sugar. The zucchini doesn’t taste at all (no worries if you were scared about that haha) but mostly contributes to the texture.
Here I used canned pineapple 🍍 because it was fast and convenient (and I enjoy drinking the juice ☺️) but I do think fresh pineapple if much much better!
240 g of whole wheat flour
30 g of rolled oat
30 g of sugar
110 ml of almond milk
10 g of baking powder
2 small shredded zucchini
240 g of pineapple (canned or fresh)
1 tsp of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven at 180°C/350°F
- In a salad bowl, mix the flour, the rolled oats, the sugar, the eggs, the almond milk, the cinnamon and the baking powder together.
- Pour the chopped pineapple into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Add the shredded zucchini and mashed pineapple to the dough and mix.
- Add some milk if the dough is too dense.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan.
- Scatter some walnuts on the top (it’s optional).
- Bake for approximately 35-40 min. Check that the cake is cooked with the point of a knife. Adjust baking time if necessary.
2 réflexions au sujet de « Zucchini-pineapple bread »
Looks great! The cake and the farmer’s market 🙂
Many thanks 🙂